Crimsafe Security Systems provides to the original purchaser of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product an option to benefit from an additional five year warranty (5 Year Extended Warranty) in addition to its current standard 10 Year Warranty.*
The 5 Year Extended Warranty does not diminish your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or the 10 Year Warranty. The 5 Year Extended Warranty extends Crimsafe Security Systems warranty period from 10 years to 15 years (Extended Period), provided that certain conditions are satisfied.*
Crimsafe Security Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality. To the extent of inconsistency between Crimsafe Security System’s warranties and the Australian Consumer Law the latter prevails.
Other than as required by law, all other warranties whether implied or otherwise that are not listed in this 5 Year Extended Warranty are excluded.
During the Extended Period, Crimsafe warrants that the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product you purchased will be free from defects in materials supplied by Crimsafe Security Systems under conditions of normal use. The 5 Year Extended Warranty is not transferable. That is, the 5 Year Extended Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products.
Crimsafe Security Systems shall not be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other direct or indirect damage you or anyone else suffer, including, but not limited to any loss, cost, expense or fee.
The 5 Year Extended Warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products found to be defective by Crimsafe Security Systems or their duly appointed representatives. Crimsafe reserves the right at its sole discretion to refund you the original purchase price of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products rather than replace the items claimed under the 5 Year Extended Warranty.
If, after the original installation of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product, the premises to which the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product has been attached is altered in any way which hinders the removal and/or replacement of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products (for example, if you tile over or around the frame of the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product)(Alterations) you shall be responsible for the removal of the Alterations and/or any cost incurred by Crimsafe Security Systems in the removal of the Alterations if Crimsafe Security Systems deem it necessary to remove the Alterations in order to repair or replace the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product.
The 5 year extended warranty does not apply to:
- Any non Crimsafe Security Systems accessories or products that are fitted to the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products, including (without limitation) any locks, handles, rollers, hinges and door closers. These accessory products may be covered by warranties supplied by the relevant manufacturer or supplier of those accessory products.
- Any installation or fabrication faults, which are the responsibility of the installer or fabricator.
- Crimsafe Security Products sold to you second hand or not installed by an approved Crimsafe distributor.
- Defects or damage caused by matters outside of the control of Crimsafe Security Systems, including (but not limited to) accident, alteration of the Crimsafe Security Product in any way, fire, abuse, misuse, wear and tear or failure to follow our instructions with respect to cleaning or maintenance.
- Any loss you suffer through unlawful entry to your property gained through the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product.
- Installations outside Australia
- Crimsafe Security Products which are not part of the Ultimate range.
* To be eligible for the 5 year extended warranty, you must comply with the following conditions:
- You must have purchased the Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product on or after 1 Nov 2012.
- You must register your purchase online (see link below) and receive a 5 Year Extended Warranty Certificate as acknowledgment of registration.
- You must obtain the 5 Year Extended Warranty Certificate within 60 days of the purchase date by the property owner (date and owner as noted on the Licensee invoice).
- All information required under the 5 Year Extended Warranty online registration process must be provided and must be accurate.
- The Crimsafe Ultimate Security Product must be maintained in accordance with the care guide provided to you at the time of purchase.
- All 5 Year Extended Warranty claims should be made in the first instance to the original Crimsafe Security Systems licensee that supplied and installed your Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products. An inspection will be arranged by Crimsafe Security Systems after confirming the Warranty Certificate details and the provision by the claimant of a copy of the original invoice. When you make a claim under the 5 Year Extended Warranty You must produce the 5 Year Extended Warranty Certificate, proof of purchase in the form of the original Crimsafe Security Systems? Licensee Invoice. If you cannot produce a 5 Year Extended Warranty Certificate and matching proof of purchase, then your Warranty will be the standard 10 Year Warranty, subject to the conditions which apply to the 10 Year Warranty. If you cannot provide proof of purchase Crimsafe Security Systems may at its discretion refuse a claim made under the 5 Year Extended Warranty.
- Crimsafe Ultimate Security Products purchased prior to 1 Nov 2012, or after 1 Nov, 2012 but not registered online for the 5 Year Extended Warranty will be covered by Crimsafe Security Product?s standard 10 year Warranty only. Proof of the 5 Year Extended Warranty registration rests with you.